viernes, 1 de noviembre de 2013

Speech: Steve Jobs In Stanford University

Even tough Steve Jobs never graduates college, he is considered one of the most charismatic orators of our generation
His speech talks about his life and how hard it was to get to be one of the most succesful man in the world
He told us three stories, her mother was too Young when he was born and gave him in adoption and a lawyer and his wife adopted him
In this speech Steve gave us 3 ideas

The first idea talks about connecting the dots:

Jobs took a calligraphy class after he dropped college because he was so amazed of how beautiful it was; Ten years later, that single class helped him to create the first computer with a beautiful calligraphy, the first Machintosh. He said: You cannot connect the dots looking foward, you can only connect them looking backwards.

The second idea is about to find what you love

He said that he was lucky because he found what he love early in life. 10 years laterhe was fired from Apple, he said : “How can you get fired from a company you started?” but he still loved what he did so he started a new company called “next” and later he founded “pixar” and he said “being fired from Apple was the best thing that ever happened to me”
We  sould never forget where we come from “sometimes life is going to hit you in the head with a brick, don’t lose faith”
This idea had inspired me to study what i want and not what my family wants me to study, because I want to do what I love

The third idea is about Death

“Remebering that I’ll be dead soon, is the most important tool I’ve ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life, Because almost everything, all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure, these things just fall away in the face of death”.


We have to life our life like there’s no tomorrow and not fear death because it will come anyway, just enjoy your life, Jobs was diagnosticated with Cancer and the doctor said that he was going to die in about 3 to 6 months the he had a surgery and he  lived 5 more years

His video is by far the most motivational and inspiring thing I’ve ever seen, Jobs is one of my idols and now i think I will see life in another way
Melissa B.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario