martes, 16 de abril de 2013


Steve Jobs' 2005 Stanford Commencement Address

When I saw the video I think, this is another history of a guy who didn’t have anything and becomes millionaire from the nowhere, but, when I finally finished to watch the video, I realized that I was wrong and this is a beautiful history about  learning how to face the failures, but also to teach me that I have my own thing to love for example baseball, I love it and I have the taste of defeats, and feel that I don’t even deserve the privilege of playing, and things like “my parents are wasting their money” it could be possible, but only depends of me and how much effort I put on my trainings and games.
One of other stories speaks about how the things that we do today are connected to the future and we don’t even know it yet. I have my own history for that; Once my uncle said to me: come here, I’m going to teach you how to prepare cocktails and I thought: How suppose am I going to use this in the future?, several months later my uncle called me and said to me: I need an assistant in a wedding, do you want to go with me? And I say of course and that was my first paid job, I won 45 dlls. So this is how I interpret and understood the advice of “connecting the dots”,  this is an experience that can happen to anybody.
The other history makes me feel like I’m wasting my life because there are too many days that I wake up and feel like I’m doing this wrong: if it’s my last on earth, I don’t want to waste it like that but unfortunately many of the times I can’t do anything to change that.
I come to a conclusion in this history, it made me to realize that I have to stop and think what I’m doing with my life before that turn serious.


A. 407

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario