viernes, 25 de octubre de 2013
Passive voice sentences posted in edmodo groups:
Use: Passive voice is used when the focus is on the action; It’s not important or not known, however, who or what is performing the action.
For example, “A mistake was made”. In this case, the focus is on the fact that a mistake was made, but I don’t blame anyone.
Form: Subject + finite form of to be + Past Participle.
Present: - English is spoken worldwide.
- A letter is written by the President
- The door is opened by him.
- The car is washed.
- This room is cleaned
Past: - Dinosaurs were killed by a comet.
- The car was washed.
- The houses were bought by a rich man.
- The river was jumped by a frog.
- The T.V was stolen by a stealer.
Future: - Computers will be used in every aspect of our live
- A letter will be written by the President.
- The Fifa contest will be judged by soccer experts.
- The car will be washed.
- A house will be built.
Perfect: - The car has been washed.
- A house has been built.
- The doors have been locked.
- The worker has been promoted.
-The dinosaurs have been killed by a comet.
Raul M B